Oct 8, 2011

New challenge: Ramen Naruto

*External link to the Japanese website
**External link to the website except written in Japanese


After the seminar I rode alone to Ramen Naruto, Kanda (らーめん七琉門@神田).
I visited there because this shop was reported in one of the greatest websites collecting Jiro and Jiro-inspired shop information, "Musashi no nikki*" (むさしの日記).

This is the first time to visit this shop.
About 10 p.m. I got there; it is located rather near from Yarou Ramen (野郎ラーメン).
I had to wait for a seat outside the shop though it was already 10 p.m. but this shop was full.


The sigh of Ramen Naruto

I chose large-sized ramen (らーめん大) (400 g) (850 yen.)
I read the menu inside while I was waiting for ramen; a lot of alcoholic drinks and snacks were served though this was ramen shop maybe because it was surrounded by bars, pubs and izakaya and customers come to it in order to eat "After-ramen."


Large-sized ramen

Finally my ramen was served; black naruto attracted attention.
At first I took a sip of the soup; I felt that it tasted a little similar to Ramen Kojirou 526 Nippori's (らーめんこじろう526 日暮里店) one.
And it tasted and was flavored with fish strongly; according to a talk between the master and a customer, this soup was cooked in stock with dried fish (small sardines [煮干し]?)
Their noodles were produced by a very famous noodle maker, Asakusa Kaikarou* (浅草開化楼); they were thick but snapped easily with their own weight. If anything, I prefer chewy noodles to easy-snapped.
It was a pity that pork were only thin slices which were just boiled and not seasoned at all; I love roast pork cooked tender and seasoned strongly.

This ramen was good but I will not eat it every week; at the most once a month or so.
However, I guess their soup might match tsukemen therefore I will try it next time.

About 10:30 p.m. I left this shop.
I got a phone call from Rick while I was eating ramen but I was not able to receive it.
So I gave a call back to him on the way walking to Subway Shin-ochanomizu station (地下鉄新御茶ノ水駅) from JR Kanda station (JR神田駅).
He said that he wanted to eat Jiro, whereas I just finished eating Jiro-inspired ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment